What's New - Check out our latest featured products and more!
Dual Chamber / Tri-Plex™ Tanks Featuring Vortech™ Distribution Systems
Designed with conservation in mind, Watts Dual Chamber & Tri-Plex™ Tanks contain high performance media, state of the art control valve technology and the new Vortech™ distribution system for greater efficiency.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for whole house water treatment.
- Reduces chlorine with carbon pretreatment to extend the life of the softening resin
- High salt and water efficiency with up-flow brining
- Reduces chlorine, tastes and odors
- Reduces iron staining (additional equipment may be required based on iron levels and type)
- Low cost, single tank design with only one (1) control valve.
- Protect expensive water using appliances
- Save on energy consumption
- Space saving single tank design.
Dual Chamber Water Conditioners
Our popular dual media water conditioners utilize Vortech™ patented distributor technology to maximize media efficiency with two separate media chambers in one tank.
Activated carbon is used for
remove chlorine tastes, odors and to extend life of the ion exchange resin.
High Efficiency Ion
Fine mesh resin is used for
increased efficiency and to enhance performance with high iron content water.
Tri-Plex™ All-In-One Water Conditioners
The Tri-Plex™ water conditioner combines four water treatment technologies into a single water conditioning system that maximizes the latest valve and tank technologies to minimize wasted water, salt usage, and floor space requirements.
Metered Control Valve
MicroZ™ filter media is used for pre-filtration to remove particles, five micron and up. MicroZ™ outperforms sand and multimedia to provide increased particulate removal.
KDF is added here to enhance performance of activated carbon (below) and to aid in the removal of iron and hydrogen sulfide.
Activated carbon is used for pre-treatment to remove chlorine tastes, odors and to extend life of the ion exchange resin.
High Efficiency Ion Exchange Resin
Fine mesh resin is used for increased efficiency and to enhance performance with high iron content water.
Metered Valve For Greater Efficiency
- Solid-state microprocessor.
- Configuration in non-volatile memory.
- Capacitor back-up.
- Noryl™ construction.
- Digital LCD display.
The Vortech™ Advantage
In order to regain a softeners or filters ability to remove contaminants its control valve must be able to go into a backwash cycle to effectively clean the media before it can be regenerated. Traditional systems produce large amounts of waste water during the backwash process and consume a high volume of salt used to condition the water. Watts Vortech™ water softeners and filters reduce backwash water and frequency by 30% and reduce salt consumption, reducing the impact on the environment.
Vortech™ distribution systems utilize a more efficient distributor plate design to reduce backwash and improve system efficiency compared to traditional cone @ gravel systems. This unique design provides greater "lift" and "action" throughout the entire width of the mineral tank during a backwash cycle, whereas traditional cone and gravel systems channel up through the media causing areas of very limited movement. In addition, because Vortech™ does not utilize gravel, it costs less to ship due to its lighter weight.
- Cones (basket) have a limited surface area reducing flow capacity
- Gravel adds additional shipping costs
- Riser tube and basket is held only in place by the media making routine maintenance difficult when the valve is removed from the mineral tank
- Backwash water creates channels through the gravel concentrating flow through limited areas of the media
- Water channeling creates dead spots around the edge of the mineral tank reducing the effectiveness of the backwash cycle
- Areas within the media bed are not suitably rinsed and lose the capacity to remove the contaminants with every cycle
- Higher flow rates are required to effectively lift media
- High flow design maximizes todays high efficiency control valve technology
- Environmentally friendly, reduces backwash requirement by up to 30%
- No channeling of media, providing a cleaner more efficient system
- Self-cleaning nozzles
- Elimination of gravel saves on net cost and unit weight, for shipping
- Permanent attachment of the dip tube makes servicing the control valve easy by keeping the distributor in place, no more re-bedding
- Distributor plate is designed for over 6,500 lbs. load capacity
- Highly efficient softening regeneration reduces annual salt consumption
See the Difference in Action
Watch this video demonstration to see the difference between the Vortech™ distribution system and a traditional cone and gravel distributor.
The Vortech™ plate provides greater "lift" and "action" throughout the entire width of the mineral tank, during a backwash cycle, while the traditional cone and gravel system channels up through the media causing areas of very limited movement especially along the outer edge of the mineral tank.
Download Product Brochures below:
- Dual Chamber Water Conditioners Product Brochure
- Tri-Plex™ Water Conditioners Product Brochure
- Vortech™ Systems Product Brochure
Download Vortech™ Installation Instructions below: